Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I am a Promise!

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital “P”
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin’ to hear God’s voice
And I am tryin’ to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.

I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I’m a great big promise you see!

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital “P”
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin’ to hear God’s voice
And I am tryin’ to make the right choice
I’m a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!

--- Bill and Gloria Gaither

I was coming home from work the other day and heard that song on the radio. It is one I remember so well from my childhood. I have always thought of it as a "kid's song", but for some reason the song has been stuck in my head for days now and the longer it is running the more I have been realizing that the lyrics apply to adults too. Even as a grown up, I have promise, possibility and potential to use my talents and skills to serve God. I still am learning to hear God's voice and trying to make the right choices. I can't say I always am successful, but I still have promise! 

Lord, please help me to remember that in midst of the stresses and failures of life You see those things in me even if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment